Cobar SignAs a result of the recent heavy rains and flooding, Cobar Shire and other parts of the Central West have been declared a Natural Disaster Area.

If you have been affected by the recent flooding, you may want to investigate some of the services and assistance that have been made available, including:

  • mental health and crisis support
  • housing assistance
  • replacing certificates and licenses
  • assistance with livestock and animals
  • household support
  • insurance inquiries
  • legal assistance.

You can find details on the Emergency NSW website at or call the Disaster Assistance help line on 1800 018 444.

Disaster Recovery Assistance:

 Assistance is also being provided through the jointly-funded Commonwealth-State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).

Assistance under the NDRRA includes:

  • help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
  • concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations
  • freight subsidies for primary producers
  • grants to not-for-profit organisations.

You can find further details at or

Assistance for Primary Producers:

NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) co-ordinate and provide recovery assistance and advice to landholders, primary producers, commercial fishers and other industries.

You can find details on the Department of Primary Industries website at in the Climate and Emergencies section.

Other Useful Contacts:

Rural Adversity Mental Health Program: or call 6363 8444

Australian Red Cross:

Rural Assistance Authority: or call 1800 678 593

Reporting Losses:

To report agricultural losses due to recent flooding call Local Land Services on 1300 795 299 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Disaster Survey - Flood affected businesses

NSW Department of Primary Industries relief and recovery arrangements business survey to report the impact of the event on your business. 

Click here to complete the survey

Emergency Assistance:

In the event of an emergency, please dial 000 as per normal protocol.

For emergency assistance or enquiries regarding possible flooding please call SES on 132 500.

Keeping Flood Safe:

Information on how to remain FloodSafe courtesy of

pdf_logo Media Release - Look after your mental health
pdf_logo Media Release - Fight the Bite - Mosquito Borne Infections