Council has appointed ten community representatives to the Economic Taskforce. The Taskforce advises Council on economic development matters and identifies processes and projects that will assist to broaden and improve the economic base of Cobar Shire.
Interested members of the community are encouraged to discuss their ideas or seek information from members of the Taskforce. The key objectives of the Taskforce are:
- - To provide expertise to develop and implement Council's Economic Development Strategy;
- - To identify strategies to achieve the nominated outsomes in that strategy;
- - To identify ways that Council can assist business development generally in the Shire;
- - To identify opportunities to encourage business development, regional co-operation and private/Government sector participation in economic development that benefits the Shire;
- - To lobby other levels of government to remove barriers restricting economic development in Cobar Shire;
- - To determine if further marketing materials are required to promote Cobar Shire as a place to do business.
The Economic Taskforce Members are:
- Heath Budd;
- Kirk Grogan;
- Miranda Riley;
- John Stingemore;
- John Dineen;
- Roy Simpson;
- Lillian Simpson;
- Heather Christie;
- Michael Prince;
- Jillian Prince;
- Councillor Janine Lea-Barrett.
If you have any questions in relation to Council's Economic Taskforce, please contact Council's Director of Corporate and Economic Development, Angela Shepherd on 02 6836 5888.