(02) 6836 5888
Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Heavy Vehicle Routes


Restricted Access Vehicles Routes and Applications

The heavy vehicle operations are now regulated under the HVNL and National Regulations by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR). The Road and Maritime Services still provides information for heavy vehicle operators within NSW. Oversize vehicles need to submit a permit to be allowed to travel. This permit depends on width, length, and weight. The vehicles that require an escort vehicle must apply for permits and all the shires must agree to them before they can travel through those shires and towns.

To submit a permit, please see the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator’s website here.

Click here to view Cobar’s Town Street Map. The orange highlighted highways on the Cobar town map represent designated routes for trucks to use when travelling through town. Fredrick Street is also an appropriate route for the trucks to use to get through town.

Current Exclusions:

  • Booberoi Creek Bridge SR23 along Booberoi Road (2 Tonne weight limit)
  • Round Hill Road SR22 (one lane bridge)